To My Readers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lip Moisturizers

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! Today I have for you two lip moisturizers you can incorporate into your life instead of Chapstick brand. Chapstick contains petroleum, phenol, menthol and other non-appealing ingredients, plus it doesn't have much to moisturize your lips. It gives temporary relief for dry lips, but can actually contribute to chapped lips!

So, I have for you a vegan and non-vegan option. First is the Vegan Hemp Balm by the Merry Hempsters. It's USDA certified organic and vegan and uses hemp seed and sunflower seed oil, as well as Vitamin E and rosemary to moisturize and smooth lips. I've been using this brand for about six months and love it. It stays on and feels much smoother and richer than Chapstick! I've been able to find this product at Whole Foods, but I think it's also available on their website. Because this is vegan and there is no beeswax in it, it has a tendency to melt a little bit occasionally, but it's not been a problem.

If you don't mind having beeswax in your lip balm, then I recommend EOS lip balm. It's an odd balm that comes in a sphere, but this is the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever used! The unique aspect of EOS lip balm is that it has shea butter and jojoba oil - so it moisturizes and makes my lips really really smooth! It's better than the Hemp Balm for making smooth lips, but they tie in terms of moisture. I just got the Lemon Drop flavor and am LOVING it. I have also used sweet mint a few times and have been surprised by how long one sphere lasts! I actually have lost all of my EOS balms before I finished them.... As with the Merry Hempsters, this is an organic and natural lip balm. EOS is available at more places, like Walgreens.



Both cost about $3 or $3.50 and I highly recommend them! Let me know what you think!

<3 Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment