To My Readers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ceramic Watches

Hi everyone!

Today I'm reviewing a newer trend, ceramic watches. I happen to own a white ceramic, but ceramic watches are not necessarily white. Typically, watches have stainless steel, silicone, or leather bands. These materials vary in durability, but all show wear after some time. Steel scratches and scuffs, silicone gets dingy, and leather scuffs and gets dingy. I have all of these materials and like them nonetheless.

Ceramic is a step up.

My ceramic is by Fossil, and costs about twice as much as the other watches they make. I think this is typically the trend with other brands, too. I have a "fake" ceramic, a white resin watch, and it has been good, but ceramic is just incredible! It is absolutely worth the investment.

Ceramic is scratch resistant, very smooth, a bit heavy, and pearly! I like the weight because it feels like a quality material. I did notice on the tag that dropping it on a hard surface could cause the band to crack, but I have a spare link and am not too worried. I've been wearing mine ever since I got it and it looks brand new. I bang it around while I'm wearing it, too, and it looks perfect still! The look of a ceramic is absolutely lush - I can't wait to get a black ceramic next.

So, if you are looking for an investment watch, you should go ceramic. I think it will last much longer than a steel watch and will look newer for much longer. My watch was $195 at Fossil. Other brands are more expensive, but the ceramic is still quality! Specific to my watch, I have a mother of pearl face and a hidden clasp, which add extra luxury to it.



I apologize for being translucent and scaring you with my blue veins!

So, if you're into jewelry and watches, definitely check out some ceramics. They are great!

<3 K

No comments:

Post a Comment