To My Readers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Hi everyone!

Tonight I'm going to review the Sally Hansen Salon Effects. These are nail polish strips that are supposed to be really easy to apply with no dry time, and can give really fun patterns easily. At Target, I got this box for $8.50 and it came with two packages of strips, eight strips each, of different sizes, so sixteen total. This is so that they can fit any nail size. It also came with a wooden cuticle pusher and a nail file. 



After I got home I noticed a little note on the box...


I was already a little leary of paying $8.50 for only 16 strips, but finding out that if I opened both packages I would have to throw them out didn't make me so excited. Luckily, the nail strips are very very very long, and I have short nails, so I was able to cut each strip in half and only had to open one package, so I have another for next time.


I wouldn't exactly call the application easy, at least not the first time, but I do think it's worth it considering the end look. I'm pretty pleased that I could make eight strips work for all my fingers, too, so it's a bit better of a price from that perspective. They supposedly last up to 10 days, so I'll post an update after I've worn them a bit.

On the whole, I think they're a cool option if you have somewhere to go or just feel like funky nails for a week.

<3 K

2 comments:

  1. Is that the lace style? I've seen these everywhere and really wanted to try them but didn't know if they actually work. It looks cute! Did it last a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's the lace one. I peeled it off the next day. I think I need to work on not having edges as severe up by the nail bed because I was asking for trouble - they peeled off really strangely. I think they need a couple coats of sealing topcoat!

    ReplyDelete