To My Readers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Newspaper Mani

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine recommended I try out this manicure, a newspaper mani! Turns out, it's really simple and the end result is fabulous. Here's how it turned out:


The best part about this mani is that it's a subtle detail that's not as big of a commitment as the shatter polishes floating around (I have four bottles...) and it is really easy to do!

If you're nails are already painted a light color, you're good to go. Just cut small pieces of newsprint big enough to wrap over your nail but not much bigger and grab some rubbing alcohol. I used alcohol pads and they worked really well.


All you need to do is dunk your finger into the alcohol, or in my case rub the pad over the nail so it is damp. Then, just put the newsprint onto the wet finger. I found I got better results when I put the pad overtop the newsprint as well and pressed down firmly to get a good transfer.


Then all you have to do is pull the newsprint off and try not to smear it so it's easier to see the letters. Seal with a good topcoat and you're done!



It's very low maintenance but a bit more fun than just a color. It works best over a non-shimmer polish with a light color. I would love to try this again over a nude. This color is OPI's Mermaid Tears. I hope you will all try this one!

<3 K

1 comment: